See what a difference a night can make!
37.2 gallons is 596 cups, enough for 1 person to drink almost 2 cups per day for a year.
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
Save Natural Gas
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours - when it's 10°F outside.
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment. And that's good for everyone.
*All amounts estimated based on average guest room size and materials usage.
Our Sustainability Mission:
"To reduce the environmental impact of the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore and create a culture of conservation within our hotel and in our community."
To live sustainably, the earth's resources must be used at a rate which they can be replenished. The Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore is committed to this virtue. Some of our sustainable practices include:
- Hotel-wide recycling of paper, metal, aluminum, cardboard, plastic including suites outfitted with containers for both trash and recyclable items.
- Light bulbs, batteries, user toner cartridges, wooden pallets all recycled or repurposed.
- Used cooking oils are collected and recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- Hotel-wide water conservation including low flow shower-heads and faucet aerators.
- Energy efficient compact fluorescent lighting used throughout.
- Biodegradable alternatives used for Styrofoam products.
- Used soap from suites is collected, recycled and sent to developing countries to be reconstituted into bar soap.
- Bed linens are replaced every third day unless requested more frequently. A towel reuse program is also in place to save water and lessen use of cleaning chemicals.
- The hotel has a Hillsborough Area Regional Transit bus stop as an alternative to individual driving.
- The hotel also offers complimentary van transportation to destinations within a three mile radius further reducing vehicle trips.
Help us continue to improve our efforts and share any observations or ideas for additional improvement with any member of the hotel's staff or email the general manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org