See what a difference a night can make!
37.2 gallons is 596 cups, enough for 1 person to drink almost 2 cups per day for a year.
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
Save Natural Gas
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours - when it's 10°F outside.
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment. And that's good for everyone.
*All amounts estimated based on average guest room size and materials usage.
Our Sustainability Mission:
"To reduce the environmental impact of the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore and create a culture of conservation within our hotel and in our community."
To live sustainably, the earth's resources must be used at a rate which they can be replenished. The Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore is committed to this virtue. Some of our sustainable practices include:
- Hotel-wide recycling of paper, metal, aluminum, cardboard, plastic including suites outfitted with containers for both trash and recyclable items.
- Light bulbs, batteries, user toner cartridges, wooden pallets all recycled or repurposed.
- Used cooking oils are collected and recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- Hotel-wide water conservation including low flow shower-heads and faucet aerators.
- Energy efficient compact fluorescent lighting used throughout.
- Biodegradable alternatives used for Styrofoam products.
- Used soap from suites is collected, recycled and sent to developing countries to be reconstituted into bar soap.
- Bed linens are replaced every third day unless requested more frequently. A towel reuse program is also in place to save water and lessen use of cleaning chemicals.
- The hotel has a Hillsborough Area Regional Transit bus stop as an alternative to individual driving.
- The hotel also offers complimentary van transportation to destinations within a three mile radius further reducing vehicle trips.